Saturday, January 17, 2009

...."Two thirds of the people in the land will be cut off and die," says the LORD. "But one-third will be left in the land. I will bring that group through the fire and make them pure. I will refine them like silver and purify them like gold. They will call on my name, and I will answer them. I will say, 'These are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.'" Zechariah 13:9b

It is easy to say, "Thank You, Lord for saving me.... It is easy to call Him Saviour.... The burning question is - Do I call Him 'Lord'?.... Is He truly my 'Lord'? Can I cut something out of my life that tends to replace His Lordship in my heart?

Am I willing to go through the fire to be refined like silver and purified like gold? What does that mean for me - does slow business and little income play a part in that? How am I responding to it? Am I willing to take every negative situation and make it a learning and growing experience?

Lord, help me to reach out to others in need and encourage & challenge them to draw closer to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment